Star Wars Fan Groups:
- 501st Legion: The main website of the 501st Legion. From here you can find information about who we are, what we do, and locate other garrisons throughout the world.
- 501st Legion - Forum: If you are a member of the 501st Legion then you should definitely be here, however this forum is for Legion members only. Want to become a member of the 501st Legion? Well you can start by going here!
- The Connecticut Garrison (CTG): This is the home of the Connecticut Garrison, our fellow troopers to the South. If you are or would like to become a 501st Legion member and live in CT, this is where you want to be.
- The Rebel Legion: The sister organization to the 501st Legion, which focuses on costumes from the Republic and the Rebellion. They have similar rules to the 501st Legion regarding membership.
- Alderaan Base: The local division of the Rebel Legion, serving ME, NH, VT and MA. We attend many of the same events together and have a lot of members that are part of both groups.
- The Force.net: A nation-wide Star Wars fan club focused on all other forms of fandom besides costuming. They have lots of different forums broken down by genre like films, television, novels, video games, and more.
Prop and Costuming Resources:
- NEG Wiki: A collection of resources put together by NEG members.
- 501st Legion – Costume Detachments: Each costume type has a specialty group dedicated to it. Visit the detachments index to find the site for your costume of choice.
- Replica Props Forum: A wealth of information regarding all sorts of movie props and costumes. If you want to learn how something is made, this is the place to start your research.
- The Dented Helmet: If the Fett costuming is your thing, this is THE place to be.
Star Wars Celebrities:
- Peter Mayhew: This larger than life actor is the ”original Wookiee” and you always want to “let him win”.
- Jeremy Bulloch: He was Boba Fett in the Original Trilogy, the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.
- Carrie Fisher: She played the role of Princess Leia; leader of the Rebellion, daughter of a Sith Lord, and was not to be messed with!
- Daniel Logan: He was the young Boba Fett in the Prequel Trilogy and in the Clone Wars animated TV series.
- Kenny Baker: He brought R2-D2 to life in the Original Trilogy.
- Anthony Daniels: The actor who portrayed C-3PO and the only Star Wars character that has a spoken part in all 6 Star Wars films!
Charities that the NEG Supports:
- The Jimmy Fund: The Jimmy Fund has been the main charity that the NEG has worked with over the years. Since its founding in 1948, the Jimmy Fund has supported the fight against cancer in children and adults at Boston’s Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, helping to raise the chances of survival for cancer patients around the world.
- Toys for Tots: Every year the NEG collects toy donations for Toys for Tots at the events we attend. If there’s one cause we can all get behind, it’s helping the US Marines by putting toys in the hands of needy kids!
- Make-A-Wish: The NEG has also supported the Make a Wish foundation, through fundraisers and appearances. Since 1980, the Make-A-Wish Foundation has given hope, strength and joy to children with life-threatening medical conditions.
- Autism Speaks: Another one of the charities the NEG works with and even participates in their fundraiser walks. Autism Speaks has grown into the world’s leading autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism.
- American Cancer Society: Even in a galaxy far, far away, people are affected by Cancer each and every day. Many of our members support different cancer awareness groups and the NEG often joins them in their efforts to raise funds and help fight for a cure.